Sunday, November 1, 2009

Staff Selections - Joan 1, Reference

What is your favorite genre? I love a good mystery!!! Agatha Christie is my all time favorite mystery author!


What are you reading now? First Family by David Baldacci.

What have you read recently? Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Fight Terror and Build Nations-One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson, Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese, The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar, and The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

What is your favorite classic? Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier and Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.

What is your all time favorite book/series? I’ve read Rebecca and Gone With the Wind FIVE times each, so I guess they must be my favorites…..along with anything by Agatha Christie, which I’ve read multiple times too!! I love The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith.

What are your favorite recommendations? I prefer fiction to nonfiction, but I would recommend Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson as an excellent work of nonfiction. I am in a BOOK CLUB, which I find really broadens the scope of what I read. Some of those selections were: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski, See You in a Hundred Years: Four Seasons in Forgotten America by local author Logan Ward, Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult, Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende, and The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. Also: What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman, The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls and Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. I guess what I’m saying is...TRY A BOOK CLUB!!

No comments:

Post a Comment