Friday, June 6, 2014

Staff Selections: Keelia McCaffrey

Why do I love the library? Well to put it simply, I just enjoy the idea of a place a person can go - spend their whole life - and learn something new everyday. Libraries can make a community come alive and unify all sorts of people just by being there. The people, events, and selection of any library is precious and fun. I will probably always love libraries, just like I will always love books. I will take my kids to the library and hopefully they will take their kids - Vive la Library! 

Keelia is a reference assistant at Samuels Public Library. 

What is your favorite genre?
Fantasy

Who are your favorite authors?
Alice Croggon, Meg Cabot, Shannon Hale, Kiera Cass, Gail Carson Levine, Rainbow Rowell, and many more

What are you reading right now?
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

What have you read recently?
Enchanted by Alethea Kontis, The Elite by Kiera Cass, Underworld by Meg Cabot, Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, and the Lunar Series by Marissa Meyer

What is your favorite classic?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin

What are your all-time favorite books/series?
The Pellinor Series by Alice Croggon, Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot, and I am falling in love with the Lunar Series by Marissa Meyer 

What are your favorite recommendations?
Well I am very into teen fiction with an emphasis on female lead characters. My main character has to be witty and make me laugh, otherwise what’s the point, right? So if you like the same types of books that I do then I would recommend: Tricksters Choice by Tamora Pierce, The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris, Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway, and The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale.

What is your favorite sub-genre?
I like dark fantasy. And “dark” is a very broad term, but pretty much, for me, it means that I like plot elements with magic, otherworldly creatures like vampires and werewolves, witches, swords and bows, etc.

What are a few books you are looking forward to reading?
The rest of the Bloodline series, Awaken by Meg Cabot, and the last book in the Selection series

What is your favorite short story?
A Rose for Emily by Faulkner

What is your favorite play?
Once Upon a Mattress

What is your favorite magazine?
Cosmopolitan

How do you get you news?
Mostly internet, but sometimes I watch the news on TV

Do you prefer books or e-books?
I tend to like books better. Why? Because I don’t have a kindle or a nook and I like to be able to hold my books in my hand. Maybe it will change later, but for now I like being old fashioned.

What type of plots do you enjoy?
Romantic comedy, and slice of life

No comments:

Post a Comment